Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just curious what your sources are?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

Poll: Would you be interested in buying as a group?

Yes, I'm interested. 4 66.7%
No, I prefer to buy my own. 2 33.3%
I'm uncertain No votes 0%
Total number of voters:6 ( CrystalCross chickamoo beryltheperil Gehazi jewelrybyjaime Cgr )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just curious what your sources are?

Just curious what your sources are? 8 years, 7 months ago #43

I know that many of you have been creating designs for a long time. I'm curious what your sources are. Do you purchase wholesale? Do you buy bulk? What kind of materials do you buy most?

I'm wondering if as a group we can't leverage some better prices from the vendors. May be worth some discussions.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by CrystalCross.

Re: Just curious what your sources are? 8 years, 7 months ago #44

I have a tax id so I buy wholesale when I can or at least don't pay sales tax when I buy. There are so many sources out there it is literally mind-boggling!!! Online, bead shows (which I love-it's like going to Vegas-very dangerous!!!!) If i can get myself organized I'll make a list of some of my favorite sources-it would be great if others did too-we can share in the bounty!

Re: Just curious what your sources are? 8 years, 7 months ago #78

I think it's a great idea! I've done it with an etsy group I'm in, we placed a huge order with firemountaingems.com and got the highest discount rate they offer, it was pretty sweet.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by jewelrybyjaime. Reason: spelling error

Re: Just curious what your sources are? 8 years, 7 months ago #79

JBJ,

As far as my sources. We order from many different suppliers. At first we ordered from "Fire Mountain Gems" quite a bit. As you mention, if you order bulk you can get some wonderful discounts.

But in the last 2 years, I've noticed their prices inching up and their discounts diminishing. So we've looked elsewhere. Also, although their product line is extensive they lack some of the lower end wires for use with practicing.

For wire we go almost exclusively to Brandywine Jewelry supply.
For focal pieces and findings we take regular treks to the HUGE Wholesale Gem & Bead shows in Franklin, NC and St. Cloud, FL. Its a huge show with wholesalers from everywhere (including Fire Mountain). And you can grab great deals there. Requires a TAX ID though.

Other unique findings, browse your local thrift shops. You'll be amazed what you can find.
Occasionally browse E-Bay, and also monitor AliBaba.

At the wholesale conventions we've made great contacts which have lasted us for years.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Protected by R Antispam